Purposes of a Rotary Evaporator
A rotary evaporator can be widely used in many fields, including industrial factories, chemical labs, pharmaceutical field, food-making field, people’s daily life at kitchen and some other fields. It plays an important role in these fields.
For example, more and more people start to use a rotary evaporator nowadays to concentrate, purify fruit juices and other food. In chemical labs, a rotary evaporator can get different kinds of substances separated, in order to recombine new substances. In industrial factories, materials get evaporated by a rotary evaporator, in order to be produced for the further needs. In pharmaceutical field, a rotary evaporator is used to extract substances out to make new medicines. In food-making field, a rotary evaporator is used to produce food.
How to Use a Rotary Evaporator in Your Kitchen?
Rotary evaporator can be used in large restaurants or cafeterias to cook soup, roast vegetables, stewed meat, porridge and so on. It is a good equipment for food processing to improve quality and shorten time, which can also be used in the processing of confectionery, pharmaceuticals, dairy products, alcohol, pastries, preserves, beverages, canned food, lomei and so on. The impurities and coarse materials in the rotary evaporator are automatically discharged and can be operated continuously. A rotary evaporator has low energy consumption, simple maintenance, and no need for required foundation installation.
Usage of a Rotary Evaporator in People’s Daily Life
- Purify fruit juices and other food to get food and juices with higher purification. Concentrating the purest and freshest flavors from a blood orange by removing the water.
- Separate different flavors out of the sample materials, in order to recombine them into new food and juices. Extracting the desired flavors from a blend of alcohol, herbs, and fruit without heating the mixture up.
- Extracting brandy and syrup from wine.
- Coffee can be made by a rotary evaporator. Homemade aquavit, homemade chocolate liquor from the mixing liquid of chocolate and vodka and so on.
- Separate sugars, acids, colors, and most bitter compounds from aromas, alcohols, water, and small flavor molecules and so on.
How does a Rotary Evaporator Work?
The rotary evaporation, or rotavap, is a common and essential equipment used for concentration, crystallization, drying, separation and solvent recovery in pharmaceutical,chemical and bio-pharmaceutical fields and other fields. Generally, it is used to remove a valtile solvent from a liquid mixture. A rotary evaporator mainly compose of following parts: a vacuum pump, a chiller, a condenser pump, a rotating flask and a receiving flask and other components. Most of people may be interested in a question how a rotary evaporator works. Hence, the working process of a rotary evaporator will be introduced specifically in the next section.
The working process of rotary evaporator is a consecutive process under a reduced environment. There are several steps for the operation:
a. Under reduced pressure, the evaporation flask was continuously rotated while the solvent was being distilled. The evaporation flask is a pear-shaped or round-bottomed flask with a standard ground mouth connection. It is connected with the pressure reduction pump through a serpentine condenser.
b. After substances get evaporated by heating, the gas-phase substances will go into condensing part to get condensed. In this step, gas substances are transferred through the glass tubes.
c. After gas-phase substances got condensed into liquid-phase, the liquid-phase substances will be transferred into receiving flask, which is the final destination of extracted substances. And then users will take the receiving flask out of rotary evaporator equipment.
During the whole working process, there is always a vacuum pump providing a vacuum environment for the rotary evaporator, which guarantees the whole system work in a reduced environment and the automatic feeding system formed by the pressure difference between atmosphere pressure and vacuum pressure.
Applications and Purposes of a Rotary Evaporator
- Concentrating sample materials into materials with higher concentration, which is achieved by removing the moisture within the sample materials.
- Separating different kinds of substances can be used in several fields such as pharmaceutical field, food-making field, people’s daily life at kitchen.
- Purifying sample materials has been more and more popular in the market, because people demand the high purification in their daily life.
Benefits that You can Get from a Rotary Evaporator at Home
As we all know, rotary evaporators are widely used in people’s daily life at kitchen, because it can do a really good job on the concentration, separation, purification of materials and different kinds of substances. There are some benefits below to show why rotary evaporators are so well-received:
- Temperature control part: the participation of foreign advanced frequency conversion control system and temperature control system to ensure the accurate performance of the instrument.
- Main part: the participation of foreign advanced transmission system, reasonable structure, durable, strong practicability.
- Sealing parts: New foreign PTFE material is selected and treated with special process technology to enhance sealing, anti-corrosion and wear resistance.
Food Made by Rotary Evaporator
Soup, roast vegetables, stewed meat, porridge, confectionery, pharmaceuticals, dairy products, alcohol, pastries, preserves, beverages, canned food, lomei and so on can be produced by a rotary evaporator. Therefore, as we can see, the food range that can be processed by a rotary evaporator is very wide.
Coffee Produced by Rotary Evaporator
Coffee is a beverage made from roasted and ground coffee beans. Coffee is made from coffee beans and various cooking utensils, and coffee beans refer to the nuts in the coffee tree fruit, and then roasted by an appropriate method. A rotary evaporator can process many kinds of drinks, which absolutely include coffee.