What is CBD?
CBD is a cannabinoid compound with a molecular structure similar to THC, but with very different pharmacological properties. CBD is an extract from medical marijuana. Cannabis has more than 100 kinds of active ingredients. CBD is one of the most medically valuable substance. It has the functions of protecting nerves, improving skin inflammation, anti-oxidation, soothing sensitive redness of the skin, as the skin surface establish a protective barrier and improve the skin’s self-healing power. It is very helpful to restore skin health and relieve skin problems, and can treat eczema and other diseases.
How to Use a Rotary Evaporator in CBD Oil Extraction Process?
There are two main ways of extracting cbd. The first is supercritical carbon dioxide extraction technology, which has a relatively high cost and high requirements on equipment and technology.
The second is the use of traditional extraction methods. A rotary evaporator is an evaporation instrument widely used in laboratory. It is suitable for reflux operation, rapid evaporation of large amounts of solvent, concentration of trace components and reaction processes that require stirring. Therefore, a rotary evaporator is always used in cbd oil extraction process.
Under vacuum conditions, the mixture about cbd and other substances get heated at a constant temperature, so that the evaporation bottle rotates at a constant speed. There is a large-area material film formed on the bottle wall to get efficiently evaporated. The solvent vapor is cooled by a high-efficiency glass condenser and recovered in a collection bottle, which greatly improves the evaporation efficiency. It is especially suitable for the concentration and purification of biological products that are easily decomposed and denatured at high temperature.
What You Need to Notice When Using a Rotary Evaporator?
- There are two external connectors on the condenser for cooling water, one end is connected to the water, and the other end is connected to the outlet water. Generally, the tap water is connected.
- If the vacuum cannot be pumped up, then you need to check: whether the joints and interfaces are sealed; whether the sealing ring and the sealing surface are effective; whether the vacuum grease between the main shaft and the sealing ring is painted properly; whether the vacuum pump and its leather tube are leaking; whether the glass parts are cracked.
- The glass parts should be handled lightly, cleaned, and dried before installation.
- Each grinding port, sealing surface seal ring and joints need to be coated with a layer of vacuum grease before installation.
- Water must be added before the heating tank is powered on, and it is not allowed to dry without water.
- Screw into the safety hole to protect it, so as not to damage the flask.
- Before turning on the machine, firstly turn the speed control knob to the minimum, press the power switch to turn on the light, and then slowly turn it to the right speed.Generally, large evaporation bottles are used for medium, low speed, and high viscosity solutions. Standard interface No. 24, 500ml and 1000ml flasks are attached at random, and the amount of solution is generally not more than 50%.