Short path distillation is widely used in many fields, for example, industrial, chemical labs, petrol industry and other fields. As we all know, short path distillation is used on the concentration and extraction of many substances. So knowing short path distillation working procedure is very essential and let’s see as follows:
1. Turn on the main power source and then low temperature thermostatic bath. Press the freezing button and circulating button on thermostatic bath, and then set the temperature in order to put the temperature down to the setting temperature and stable.
2. Turn on vane pump power supply, and observe if vane pump’s rotating makes the equipment under vacuum environment. Turn on oil pump power supply in order to make hot oil circulate. Turn on the electric heater power supply and set the heating temperature. Turn on stirring blade and observe if it works. Turn on roots pump power supply when vacuum degree achieves certain condition, and make the vacuum degree down to lowest.
3. Put the materials into the evaporation flask and pay attention to the liquid height at the same time. Open the material outlet valve and pay attention to how big the material outlet valve is opened. Open the injection valves. Let in the materials in time and pay attention to the liquid height at the same time.
4. Decrease the temperature after the evaporating process is done. When the temperature is down the safety temperature, close vane pump and roots pump, and then eliminate the vacuum.
5. Take the receiving flask and evaporation flask down and turn down all the power supplies.