What is Short Path?
Short path refers to the short distance within experimental equipment, which is a short glass tube. Evaporated gas-phase substances are transferred along the short path and turned into liquid.
What is Short Path Distillation?
Short path distillation is a high-efficiency distillation equipment, which is widely used in the concentration, crystallization, separation, drying of materials. Short path distillation can be used in chemical field, industrial field, pharmaceutical field, bio-pharmaceutical, solvent recovery and other fields.
Short path distillation is an effective distillation device, which can be widely used in many fields such as chemical labs, industrial factories, people’s kitchen and other fields. It is a liquid-liquid separation technology applied to industrial production, and it can solve a lot of problems that cannot be solved by conventional distillation technology.
What is Short Path Distillation Used for?
Short path distillation is used on the concentration, separation, purification of materials. It is widely used in many fields, for example: chemical labs, industrial factories, textile field and other fields. In our daily life, people always use short path distillation at their kitchens to concentrate foods or fruit juices. In this function, rotary evaporator can do the same.
What is the Purpose of Short Path Distillation??
The short path distillation is one of the most high-efficiency distillation techniques in people’s using, which can solve the problem that conventional distillation technology can’t. It is very suitable for the extraction and concentration of heat-sensitive and high-boiling substances. It is widely used in food, medicine, fine chemicals, electronic materials, plastic engineering and polymers (such as polyols, fatty acids, polyphenols, polyurethane, epoxy resins, lactic acid, monoglycerides, flavors, heavy oils and paraffin oils) and other fields.
How does Distillation Purify?
As we all know, short path distillation is an efficient and versatile distillation equipment, which can purify materials very well. So many people wonder how short path distillation purify materials and how does that work?
Short path distillation is to purify materials by using heating energy to vaporize water and separate it from the mixture. In this way, short path distillation gets the water vapor evaporated out of the mixture, in order to purify the materials. Because water is a heat sensitive substance, short path distillation is suitable for purifying materials. These are some other purification equipment that have same function as short path distillation, such as rotary evaporator.
What are the Different Types of Distillation Process?
There are several different types of distillation process, including simple distillation, fractional distillation, steam distillation and vacuum distillation. These different distillation process all separate materials through their different boiling points.
How is CBD Oil Distilled?
Distillation is one of the most important steps of processing cbd oil. Distilled cbd oil generally contains 80-85% cbd. People always use distillation machines to distill cbd, such as short path distillation, falling film evaporator, rotary evaporator, closed loop extractor and so on. These distillation equipment separate cbd oil and other substance through different methods.
What does Short Path Distillation Do?
Short path distillation can be used to concentrate, purify and separate substances from mixtures. It separates materials through transferring materials along a short distance. And different from rotary evaporator, short path distillation can distill two or three different kinds of substances at one time while rotary evaporator can only evaporate one kind of substance. Therefore, short path distillation is more high-efficiency.
What are the Benefits of Short Path Distillation?
Short path distillation is widely used in many fields and materials, because it has several benefits. The benefits are as follows:
- Short path distillation can distill one or two kinds of substances at the same time, while many other distillation methods can only distill one kind of substance. Distilling two kinds of substances makes short path distillation more effective than other distillation methods. And that’s also why it is popular.
- Short path distillation can separate the distillate substances very clearly, so that users can get substances that are quite pure. For example, THC and CBD distillates both are distilled from cannabis. These two kinds of substances have different boiling points, so they can be distilled by short path distillation. They can be separated very clearly, so that users can get pure liquid of THC and CBD.
How to Do Short Path Distillation?
The short path distillation is a device used to separate solvents by evaporation. The whole short path distillation equipment works under vacuum for the whole time. So how to do short-path distillation?
- Sample should be placed in the glass reactor where heating mantle heats. Solvents get to evaporate by heating mantle’s working. And then the gas solvents will be transferred into the condensing part.
- Evaporated solvents will be turned into liquid from gas by condenser’s working. Condensing part consists of two parts, which are low temperature coolant circulation pump and condenser.
- After gas solvents are turned into liquid solvents, the liquid solvents will keep going and arriving at receiving flasks. There are always two receiving flasks. Different gas solvents with different cooling point will be turned into liquid under different temperatures, and then go into different receiving flasks.