The benefits of using a rotary evaporator at home
1. Weight-balanced lifting and manual auxiliary extension;
2. Vertical double serpentine condenser tube;
3. High vacuum tightness and strong evaporation ability;
4. Lightweight aluminum alloy body, and easy to move in the laboratory;
5. The design conforms to ergonomics, making the operation easier and safer to use;
6. The main components are made of anti-rust aluminum alloy, special engineering plastics, and high temperature resistant glass. They have compact structure, beautiful appearance, and good quality.
These advantages above are beneficial for people who use rotary evaporators at kitchen. Because these good quality can guarantee that people who use rotary evaporators have good experiences.
The Purpose of a Rotary Evaporator
Generally, the purpose of rotary evaporators are to concentrate, separate, purify, and extract different kinds of substances from sample materials. Therefore, the purpose of rotary evaporation can be:
- To separate two or more kinds of substances within one material. There are always substances that need to be separated in chemical labs, which scientists achieve the recombination of substances through their separation firstly.
- To concentrate some materials such as fruit juices and other drinkings. As we all know, rotary evaporators are quite popular at people’s daily kitchens. People always use rotary evaporators to concentrate fruit juices and other drinkings through removing water from them. Fruit juices and other drinkings with a higher concentration will be more tasty.
- To purify materials. As we all know, a rotary evaporator is a device that can be especially used to evaporate heat sensitive materials. Therefore, people always purify materials through getting some kinds of substances within the materials evaporated. In this way, several substances can be extracted out of the materials. To some degree, the materials can get purified.
The use of rotary evaporator at Modern Restaurant Kitchen
A rotary evaporator is suitable for rapid evaporation of large amounts of solvent, concentration of trace components and reaction processes that require stirring. Therefore, it can be widely used at modern restaurant kitchen and people’s daily life.
At some restaurants, a rotary evaporator is frequently used to extract herb aromas like basil. Another innovative application is to distill the pure essence of chilies. During that process the chemical capsaicin, responsible for the heat, is left behind. A unique flavor experience is guaranteed.
It is possible to create two completely different products from one technique and a single ingredient. Obtain essential oils that can be used to infuse or intensify flavor without affecting texture or composition of your creation.