20L Short Path Distillation Apparatus
Short-path distillation is a short-path distillation technique.It is a method of separating mixtures based on differences in boiling points in liquid mixtures under negative pressure.When the sample mixture to be purified is heated, the vapor volatilization rises into the vertical condenser and is then cooled by the refrigerant.This technique is mainly used for unstable compounds at high temperature and compounds with high boiling point that are difficult to distill.
How to use a short path distillation kit
- Install the sample injector(tighten it clockwise), the first, second, and third stage receiving flasks, and switch on the cooling water circulation button.
- Start the rotor of the film scraper, and adjust it to the designated rotating speed(no more than 400r/min).
- Start the vacuum pump after the liquid nitrogen reaches the required level(no less than the half of the condensation column volume).
- Adjust the fine tuning valve of the vacuum pump(no lower than 0.5mbar) when the pressure no longer drops.
- Rotate the sample injector counterclockwise to adjust the injection speed after the pressure is proper.
- The liquid can be added at any time through the sample injector during the operation.
- Stop the vacuum pump and adjust back the fine tuning valve when the liquid volume in the injector is about 50ml and no other sample adds. Leave the device in the standby mode when the pressure is 100mbar. After the pressure is relieved, switch off the heater, take off the sample injector, pour out the remaining liquid and change to anhydrous ethanol.
- Replace the first and second receiving flask with empty ones, turn on the sample injector and slowly inject anhydrous ethanol. Clean the device by utilizing the remaining heat.
- Shut off the cooling water and the rotor after cleaning. The sample injector and the receiving flask should be taken off and cleaned separately.
- Turn off the power and clean the work surface.
1. High quality 3.3 borosilicate glass, PTFE screw thermometer connector.
2. Short condensation distance, less residue after distillation .
3. Heating mantle with magnetic stirring function.
4. Cold trap protects the vacuum system from steam pollution and damage .
5. Turnkey solution is provided which includes the glassware , magnetic stirring heating mantel ,cold trap ,chiller and other accessories.
20L-I Short path distillation part
|1||2-neck Round Bottom Flask||10L,34/45*2,24/40||1||piece|
|4||eggplant shaped flask||2000ml,24/40||2||piece|
|6||cold trap cover||70mm||1||piece|
|8||Temperature casing pipe||14/20||2||piece|
|9||Temperature casing pipe||24/40||1||piece|
|15||mouth clip for Stainless steel bottle||34#||2||piece|
|16||mouth clip for Stainless steel bottle||24#||4||piece|
|17||mouth clip for plastic bottle||24#||1||piece|
|20||Lifting platform (stainless steel)||200*200||2||piece|
|23||Three claw clip||large||3||piece|
|24||Experimental chain clip||1||piece|
|25||Three links (plastic)||8mm||1||piece|
|26||vacuum fat (50g)||7501||1||box|
|27||magnetic stirrer heating mantle||ZNCL-T||1||set|
|28||rotary vane vacuum pump||2XZ-4||1|
|29||Temperature Control Low-Temperature Coolant Circulation Pump||DLSB-10/25||1|
|Heating temperature（℃）||Room temperature -250|