How to choose a right condenser for the rotary evaporator
Choosing the right condenser is very important and complicated, because there are many factors to consider. There are so many questions you need to figure out before you make a decision. For example, Where is the condenser used? What kind of hot and cold exchange is the condenser used for? What is the coolant? How high is the temperature that needs to be cooled? What temperature does it need to cool to, is it recycled or just cool to room temperature? Therefore, choosing a right condenser for the rotary evaporator takes a lot effort. Today, let’s see how we can choose a right condenser correctly:
Water cooled condenser: it uses water as a cooling medium and rely on the temperature rise of water to take away the heat of condensation. Cooling water is generally recycled, but a cooling tower or cooling pool is required in the system.
Air cooled condenser: it uses air as a cooling medium and takes away the heat of condensation by the temperature rise of the air. This condenser is suitable for occasions where water is extremely scarce or unable to supply water, and is commonly used in small Freon refrigeration units.
Evaporation condenser: the heat exchange of the evaporation condenser is mainly carried out by cooling water evaporating and absorbing the latent heat of vaporization in the air.
What you need to consider before you buy one
There are several things you need to consider before you buy one condenser:
- Price. You need to do a budge before you purchase something. This is basic, because you need to make sure the cost you can accept for one project or one product you want to invest.
- Model and type. There are several different types in condensers, so you need to make it clear which type you need. What’s more, there are several models in each type. Therefore, there are many different condensers which are used for different applications.
The matched equipment. A condenser is always used in a system, which means there are several other equipment that are matched with the condenser. So know the matched equipment clearly and what kind of condenser are essential.
- Choose a proper and safe working environment for your condenser, because the condenser that is made of glass is easily broken.
- Clean the condenser regularly can guarantee the working efficiency of the condenser. Not cleaning the condenser will lead the blocking of substances in the condenser tube, which can decrease the working efficiency.
- During the installation process, it is important to make sure the condenser is not broken.