How to clean the glassware parts of a rotary evaporator
Rotary evaporator is a widely used equipment in the laboratory, which is composed of motor, evaporation flask, heating pot, condenser tube and so on. The evaporation flask is an eggplant or round bottom flask with a standard grind port. In addition, there are always some residues remains at the end of the glassware, which is difficult to clean if heated or left at high temperature for a long time. If the glassware does not get cleaned in time, it will affect the experimental effect. Then how to clean glassware?
- For glassware with accessories that are difficult to remove, the method of cleaning is to select the appropriate detergent to dissolve the accessories before cleaning.
- For glassware with a thin and complex structure, if you cannot clean the brush, you can use a washing solution for leaching.
- For glass instruments that are not easy to scrub with a brush or unclean with a brush, the detergent is usually poured into or sucked into a container for immersion, poured out, and finally rinsed with tap water and deionized water.
Clean the laboratory rotary evaporator glassware regularly
- The glass filter must be cleaned immediately after use. Dissolve the surface precipitate with a suitable detergent according to the different sediments in the sand core, rinse with distilled water, dry at 110 ℃ and store in a dustproof cabinet.
- General instruments and equipment can be used to brush off impurities with water or soap from the outside to the inside, and then rinse the inner wall two to three times with distilled or deionized water. Care should be taken to protect the grinding mouth when washing glass instruments with grinding mouth.
How to choose the right cleaning detergent
Glass is an amorphous inorganic non-metallic material. It is generally made of a variety of inorganic minerals (such as quartz sand, borax, boric acid, barite, barium carbonate, limestone, feldspar, soda ash and so on.) As main raw materials,a small amount of auxiliary materials of its main components are silica and other oxides.
The washing detergent is mainly composed of surfactants and builders. When it is applied to the surface of the cleaning object, it combines with the dirt or melts, but it needs running water to wash away its residue. The high-quality washing detergents is made of deionized water and various environmental protection additives. In addition to the above-mentioned properties, some multi-function glass detergents also have the ability to form a bright film on the appearance of the glass, so as to achieve the goal of not leaving traces, water, anti-fog and anti-contamination, and make the glass last forever.
When purchasing glass detergents, choose large-scale products with guaranteed quality and guaranteed quality.It is recommended that you can choose some products that have anti-fog, anti-pollution, and no traces after washing.