What is cbd oil
CBD is one of many compounds in cannabis plants, which is called cannabinoids. The CBD oil is a kind of oil containing a concentration of CBD. The CBD oil is extracted from cannabis plants and then diluted with a carrier oil such as coconut or hemp seed oil.
Distillate cbd from hemp
Cbd extracted substance is made through distillation of hemp, which is selective distillate and separation from mixtures. The distillation method is suitable for substances with strong volatility. Since the boiling point of CBD is more than 400 degrees at normal temperature and pressure and it is insoluble in water, the extraction method is the most suitable extraction method.
How is CBD Extracted From Cannabis
Efficiently extracting CBD oil from cannabis or hemp requires the use of specialized techniques to ensure that the cannabinoids are not damaged by heat or solvents. To really understand the newest techniques of CBD extraction, it’s important to get a good background on the older approaches to extract just about every other type of essential oil as well. If you are buying CBD oil, it’s important to know which CBD oil extraction process is used to make your oil, and ensure that it’s the highest quality possible.
Three ways to extract cbd from hemp
There are several ways to extract cbd from hemp, and the three most popular ways and their advantages and disadvantages are as follows:
1. Organic solvent extraction
The main advantages of this way are easy to operate. It has low requirements on equipment and low energy consumption. The disadvantage is that organic solvents (such as ethanol) are dangerous and liable. The solvent solubility is fixed, and may occur environmental pollution. Chlorophyll or other harmful substances may also be produced.
2. Supercritical carbon dioxide extraction
The main advantage lies in the wide separation range, and the adjustment of the dissolution ability of the extractant can be realized by changing the temperature and pressure, but the equipment and technical requirements are high, the energy consumption is large, and the instrument cleaning is difficult.
3. Olive oil extraction method
This method is very safe and low cost. Using this method to obtain the CBD basically does not fail. However, the oil is highly perishable and needs to be stored in a cool, dark area and used as soon as possible, and the production capacity is too low, which is not suitable for commercial extraction.
What are the cbd oil benefits
Since hemp has become the legal medicine, there are more and more people planting and processing hemp. And cbd within hemp might be the most popular substance extracted from hemp, because it has so many benefits:
1. Relieving people’s pain
As we all know, cbd within hemp can get people relaxed. Therefore, cbd is widely used in pharmaceutical field to be processed into medicine which can relieve people’s pain.
2. Relieving people’s anxiety
Nowadays, anxiety has become a more and more common disease worldwide with the development of society. So cbd which can relax people’s brain and body, help people to sleep, reduce stress becomes more and more important, and a lot people need it.
3. Treating cancer
Cancer is just like a nightmare for people, as it can not be healed totally. However, cbd can decrease the possibility of cancer, which is why so many people chase cbd related medicine.
4. Healing seizures
Seizures is one of the most miserable disease in people’s daily life. According to researches, cbd can decrease the negative effects of seizures and the frequency of their seizures. So cbd is a very good medical substance.
cbd has many benefits toward people. Therefore, cbd has become a very popular medical substances, which is added into all kinds of medicines by pharmacists.
What is CBD distillate used for
Cbd oil is one of the distillates of hemp plant or cannabis plant. Besides cbd distillate, these two plants also have other distillates, such as THC distillate. Cbd is a beneficial and healthy substance for people’s body. It has already been added into many kinds of medicines to relieve and heal people’s illness or pain.
What are the cbd oil uses
Cbd has become quite popular these days. And why cbd is so popular? The human body contains a specialized system called ECS, which is involved in regulating various functions, including sleep, appetite, pain, and immune system responses. Studies have shown that CBD can help reduce chronic pain by affecting ECS receptor activity, reducing inflammation and interaction with neurotransmitters. Therefore, cbd is widely used in human body’s several aspects, and they have the uses as follows:
1. One kind of oral spray called Sativex, which is a combination of THC and CBD used to treat pain associated with multiple sclerosis. For example, by using cbd related medicines pain, walking and muscle cramps can be healed. What’s more, another study shows that Sativex significantly improved pain in exercise, rest and sleep quality in 58 rheumatoid arthritis patients.
2. According to the benefits of cbd oil, cbd oil is also used to be added in medicines about heart health, neuroprotective properties, cancer-related symptoms and so on. Cbd is good for people’s main body systems.
3. Besides healing the human body’s main systems, cbd oil can also solve girls’ beauty problems such as acne. Because cbd has functions such as anti-inflammatory property and other functions good for skin.
Besides the uses all above, there are still some other uses. But cbd oil is not for everyone, pregnant woman can not have cbd oil, because cbd oil may cause some negative influences on pregnant woman. Therefore, before using cbd oil, you need to check with the doctors.
Uses of CBD Distillation Equipment
While Falling film Wiped film and short path distillation have similar mechanisms and uses, they each have benefits that make them more widely used for specific applications.
Falling film CBD distillation allows high throughput but has lower separation ability. This makes it suitable for initial screening of volatile components, such as removal of ethanol or other solvents after extraction, or removal of terpenes.
Wiped film CBD distillation is better at separating compounds, so is more often used to distil CBD to increase potency (from approximately 50% in CBD oil to 70% to 90% in CBD Distillate).
Short path CBD distillation allows more precise separation of different compounds, making it suitable to concentrate specific cannabionids such as CBD or even removing THC. Note multiple passes may be required to get complete removal.
The advantages of cbd oil
1. Natural pain relief and anti-inflammatory characteristic.
2. Studies have shown that CBD may help prevent or reduce smoking symptoms.
3. Studies have shown that CBD may produce effects similar to certain antipsychotic drugs, and the compound provides safe and effective treatment for patients with schizophrenia.
4. The CBD significantly helps to prevent the spread of cancer.The researchers also pointed out that the compound tends to inhibit the growth of cancer cells and promote their destruction.
5. Studies have shown that CBD may help reduce anxiety in people with certain related diseases.
6. A study published in clinical hemorheology and microcirculation in 2016, found that CBD can alleviate this inflammation in the pancreas.
7. The CBD helps to reduce the sebum secretion that causes acne, because it has an anti-inflammatory effect on the body. Therefore, acne treatment is another promising use of the CBD.
8. The CBD can prevent the development of participants’ social cognitive deficits, which means that the CBD can help people in the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease to maintain their ability of recognizing the faces they know.
CBD Distillation Equipment
CBD Distillation equipment is generally a type of thin film distillation apparatus.
Thin film distillation uses a very high surface area (by using a thin film of CBD oil), a high vacuum, and low temperatures to distil CBD from hemp oil extracts.
This type of equipment requires very high quality glassware (or stainless steel), excellent seals, vacuum pumps and an experienced qualified operator with a good understanding of cannabis oil chemistry.
There are several different categories of thin film distillation equipment with varying degrees of complexity. The more sophisticated systems allow higher vacuums, lower temperatures, better separation of CBD from other compounds or higher throughput, but also cost more and require more skilled operation and maintenance than simpler systems.
Types of CBD Distillation equipment:
Wiped Film Distillation
These three systems are very similar in concept. Falling film distillation is the basic version. Wiped film adds a wiper to increase surface area. Short path distillation improves performance by minimising the distance the CBD vapor travels before evaporation.